Saturday, April 11, 2015

3rd Group

A few weeks ago, we tried our third group. The first group was cancelled, and I was the only one that showed up, the second was for people who loss a child at any age.  Both were not the fit that Amanda and I were looking for, and we were almost ready to give up on group.

We walked into this group, and right away I felt like this was the correct group.  There was dad's there, who are feeling what I am feeling.  Mom's there that were sharing their stories.  It was great, in the saddest way. We all cried from each other's stories, and we laughed, swore at the "normals".  For the first time, I felt like my old self, for the few hours we were all sitting around talking to each other.  Since we all had invisible marks on from our sad journey in life, it didn't define us there.  It was our strength.

Making our way through week 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment