Tuesday, March 17, 2015

1 in 160

When Amanda and I had a moment, we did what most people do, and researched about stillbirth, and researched what we could about Johnathan's symptoms.  Our google search, was filled up with blogs and various searches on stillbirths.  There is one stat that we found that just blows my mind, 1 in 160 births are stillbirths.  How in the hell can we allow this many births to end up in still?  How is the number acceptable in the medical community?  How is ok that with all of the medical advances out there, we were unable to do anything besides have more intake of protein, we couldn't do anything for our son Johnathan?  I know that people do not line up, and if you are 160th couple, your child just doesn't become still, I am not an irrational person.  My son did not deserve to be born still, he deserved to have a full life, with his first time crawling, walking, running, first day of school, first dance, first girlfriend, first heart break, college, wedding, kids of his own.  He deserved to have a full life, not being taken away before he had the chance to live.  How did my wife and I end up on the 160th birth?  How did we end up with the shit straw?

Today is day 42
Today is the start of week 6 



No comments:

Post a Comment